Since going Gluten free my family has seen great improvement in our overall health, especially for Becca, we have noticed that her dependence on her asthma medications have decreased and her tummy and headaches have subsided. However, Becca is feeling a little dissatisfied with some of her options such as only being able to have rice or potatoes with those bigger meals like chicken or venison. In fact, she confided in me that she missed her Chicken Alfredo the most. For this reason, I decided to modify her favorite recipes and guess what she loves it. I am going to share it with you today!
1. Box of Roads End Organic Gluten Free Mac & Cheese Alfredo Style. Follow directions on the box. (*With this particular brand, I substituted with milk and used about tbsp of sour cream, all organic.)
2. Lightly applied olive oil into a frying pan, then on med heat warm up the already cooked Purdue Chicken Strips, about 8 to 12 oz.
3. In a saucepan use a bag of frozen veggies preferably broccoli or California melody.
4. Mix all ingredients into the frying pan and simmer on low for just for a few more minutes or until desired temperature.
5. Yields 3 to 4, you can double if there is a need for more servings.
Becca loves all things marshmallow and thank God, they are naturally Gluten free. However, Becca’s favorite iconic treat made from the original Kellogg’s Rice Krispies cereal is not Gluten free. Nevertheless, do not fear, Kellogg’s have a brown rice version, Kellogg’s Brown Rice Krispies Cereal Unfortunately, very hard to find so I had to opt for a different brand. Next, time I will try to find Kellogg has or use Chex cereal instead.
I modified the recipe from Kellogg’s website and added ¼ cup of natural peanut butter. Here is the recipe: Gluten Free Recipe
Very successful and easy to modify I hope you will enjoy these modified recipes and if you have any homemade favorites to share please comment below.